Follow

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Weblog 4

When we were young we had a different taste at least in most of our cases in music than we do now. It can change from time to time depending on the friends that you make, the people that you meet, and those you create relationships with. I can say that for me, it has become a very strange transition from just listening to breaks and dance music as a young student in middle school and high school to listening to country. Country music in the part of Bloomington where I used to live was always a big part of "living out in the country." It describes life for people that live on farms, love hard partying and cowgirls. It wouldn't be until much later in my life when I accepted going to IU which I would miss the old country; living out in the middle of nowhere life-style. It was always a part of me but I never liked the music and respected it until I no longer lived there anymore. It was a bad choice on my part because now it may not be until I'm middle aged when I am able to afford a house of my own at in the middle of nowhere like that again. It's unfortunate. But when we ask about music and if it can take avenues of different meaning of influencing another's life, it is very difficult to place a genre on it being gospel, or country for example. I now listen to two different kinds of music, and I think blending two  kinds of music can open your eyes to two different worlds. It's like taking no sides on a conflict that involves two groups of people but listening to "music" from both sides and creating the best opinion using facts that you can about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment